1. What Is Personal Data
2. General Principles for Personal Data Processing
3. How We Use Your Personal Data
4. Personal Data We Collect and Process
5. Where We Store and Process Your Personal Data
6. Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data to Third Parties
7. Retention of Your Personal Data
9. Responsible for Processing
10 Your Rights
11. Data Security
13. Contact Details
When booking a voyage on the Shipping Company’s vessel(s), you give us your permission to use the necessary data.
– We will only collect personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes;
– We will not collect personal data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes;
– We will not transfer personal data to third parties, except as stated within this statement, or with prior consent;
– We will maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing; and except when stated herein.
– We use your data for registration purposes, reminders, contact details, support and information/marketing of the Shipping Company’s services.
– All your relevant Personal Data will be forwarded to the – by the Shipping Company appointed – shipping agent and authorities before arrival in a port/country, when we are required to do so.
– All your relevant Personal Data will be transferred, processed and locally stored on board the Shipping Company’s vessel(s).
– We handle your booking orders and complete booking transactions. Our processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, to which you are a party.
– We provide you with relevant booking information and make your future bookings easier by remembering your booking details. Our processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the Shipping Company, and such processing is not considered to be harmful towards you.
– We provide you with customer service, handle your requests or complaints and provide you with support. Our processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, to which you are a party.
– For marketing purposes, visits to our websites and social media are reviewed.
– We collect your feedback regarding your use of the Shipping Company service by inviting you to complete surveys, questionnaires or feedback forms. Our processing in this regard will be based on your consent thereto.
– Accordingly, your data is collected and processed for us to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, for instance, when you book a voyage or contact our booking department. Should you choose not to provide us with the requested and necessary personal data in this regard, we might not be able to satisfy your request.
– Your details, such as your email address, name, phone number, address, personal ID-number, passport copy, nationality, date of birth, next of kin, etc.
– Your health details as reported in your health declaration as well as possible correspondence with one of the ship’s physicians.
– Your booking information, such as your details as specified above, dates of your booking (s), such as voyage name, booking date.
– Your payment information, as it is registered on our bank statements.
– Requests for customer support and assistance, containing your details, as specified above, which the Shipping Company may inquire to proceed with your request.
– Information provided when completing surveys, questionnaires and feedback forms, such as your details, as specified above, your feedback on your use of the Shipping Company’s service(s) and evaluation of the same, your location information.
In case of transfer of your data to any third countries, as defined in General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), valid law and regulations concerning such transfers are observed, and relevant legal and security safeguards are ensured before such transfer.
We may disclose your data to third parties to the extent required by law, court order or a decision rendered by a competent public authority and for law enforcement. Also, we may share your data with the following third parties:
– Our company and authorized Shipping Company’s ship’s agents to deliver service and support to you, to enhance our service and your customer experience.
– Customs and immigration offices of the ports/countries to whom the Shipping Company or it’s vessel(s) has the legal obligation to present your data before entering said port/country.
– Third party vendors carrying out services on our behalf, including billing, sales, marketing, IT support, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, service support, shipping and purchase order fulfillment, data storage, validation, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. Such third-party vendors have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your data for other purposes.
– Third parties to establish, exercise or defend legal rights of the Shipping Company.
– Third parties in the event of any merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of the Shipping Company’s assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
– Other third parties subject to your consent.
When we disclose your data to a third party (such as customs and immigrations), we take all reasonable steps possible to ensure that those third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations concerning the protection of your data. The disclosure is conducted in compliance with legal requirements, including entering into data processing agreements with the relevant third parties, to ensure that personal data is only processed following our instructions, applicable law and regulations and for the purpose specified by us and to ensure adequate security measures.
Personal data related to your bookings are kept and processed for seven (7) years from the date of last activity.
Personal data related to your feedback on our products and services is kept and processed for seven (7) years from the completion date of the given survey, questionnaire or feedback form.
Relevant personal information will be deleted after expiry of the above-mentioned periods unless such data legitimately can be kept and processed for other processing purposes, for which we have a legal basis.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site, that enables us to: (1) recognize your equipment; (2) store your preferences and settings; (3) understand the web pages of the Shipping Company you have visited; (4), enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests; (5) perform searches and analytics; and (6) assist with security and administrative functions. Some cookies are placed in your browser cache while those associated with Flash technologies are stored with your Adobe Flash Player files.
As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including flash cookies and local storage objects with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website. Please note that by blocking, disabling, or managing any or all cookies, you may not have access to specific features or offerings on our websites.
Should you wish, we encourage you to update your data provided to the Shipping Company any time there are changes in your data. This can be done by contacting the Shipping Company.
Your data can be deleted from the Shipping Company servers by the Shipping Company upon request unless the Shipping Company is entitled or obliged by applicable law and regulations to keep and process such information regardless withdrawal of your consent.
Some of the Shipping Company’s processing activities may be based on your individual consent. In such case, you will have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing conducted prior to the withdrawal.
If you withdraw your consent, the Shipping Company and third parties involved in personal data processing will cease to process your personal data, unless and to the extent the continued processing or storage is permitted or required according to the applicable personal data legislation or other applicable laws and regulations. Please note that as a consequence of the withdrawal of your consent, the Shipping Company may not be able to meet your requests, provide booking information or provide you with our services.
If you want to report a privacy breach, please contact the Shipping Company by sending your report to the under 13 mentioned contact details.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint or with the handling of your report to the Shipping Company, you may refer same to the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, Bezuidenhoutseweg 30, 2594 AV Den Haag.
Websites and services of the Shipping Company may contain links to third parties websites, please note that the Shipping Company does not collect or process any sound recordings on its behalf, but only makes available third-party services.
Access to online services at the Shipping Company are protected by access restrictions based on username and password. It is crucial that you always choose a password which is hard to guess for others, and protect your password against disclosure.
Your details and your credit card details, if you have provided such to the Shipping Company remain encrypted on Credit Card Company ICS’s secure web servers. Credit card information is directed to one or more approved and certified service provider(s).
All data storage and processing at computer facilities of the Shipping Company as well as at business partner facilities are subject to written data processing agreements.
Rederij Clipper Stad Amsterdam B.V.
Att. GDPR representative
1112 TC Diemen
Or by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
Written by Reinoud van der Heijden, privacy officer Rederij Clipper Stad Amsterdam
Updated May 23rd, 2018